A New 2020 Initiative
Last year, parents/carers, students and staff were asked to complete a survey for school improvement. One of the suggestions from parents/carers, staff and students was to implement clubs. In response to this suggestion from the community survey, we will trial a Clubs program from week 3 to week 8 of this term. If it is successful, we will offer this each term of the year. Next term, children would get their next preference.
The purpose of the Clubs Program is as follows:
- To respond to community suggestions for school improvement;
- To provide a way to work closely with parents/carers, staff and students connecting the school;
- To enable children to participate in a more focused Arts/STEM activities – this was another common suggestion from the survey;
- To engage our children so that they enjoy participating in the Club Program;
- To enable our children to extend their skills and abilities in The Arts and STEM;
- Participation in this program is essential-if children choose their activity, they should be keen to stay in the ame club for the term;
- To provide a way of children of different ages to work together and help each other; and
- The Clubs Program will be reported as an extra-curricula activity on the report card in term 2.
Each child will be asked to select their top 3 clubs. The Clubs Program will be held on Friday last session from 2.15pm to 3.00pm. Children will return to their class after second break for calling of the roll. They will then be escorted to their Club activity for the afternoon.